Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Family Update

I feel awful that I don't keep up with this blog as much as I do with Figuring It Out. I guess I just don't have tons to share that most people don't already know!

Life is super crazy right now as we wind down with the end of the school year. Marissa has dance recitals, lacrosse, piano, playdates, etc. I feel like her calendar is busier than mine! Tonight we have recital pictures and I won't lie that I'm probably more excited about it than she is. I absolutely love having a girly girl and the costumes, make-up, hair do's and glitz are just perfect for us both!

She plays lacrosse (LAX) two nights a week and she's really enjoying it. I'm proud of her; she's really pushing herself physically and participating in something she's not very skilled at. As long as she enjoys it, I will support it!

She had a piano recital a couple weeks ago and boy did she make us proud! She looked so tiny next to that big grand piano, but she played her "Baa Baa Black Sheep" with confidence, poise and without error! I definitely had to fight back tears!

Christian is more boy than I can handle! He's fearless, energetic, fiesty and all loverboy! He bats those big brown eyes at me and I melt. Marty tells me that I have no control over the child...he's probably right. I can't help it. He's in the potty training stages, and is as inconsistent as Maryland weather. I'm in no rush though. I'd be happy to keep him as a baby forever! He's moving up to the pre-k 3's class in June and I'm having a hard time with him growing up so fast!

Marty is busy at work, despite the economic times, he's staying busy. We're thankful for our jobs and just hoping to survive these hard times. I think things will get a little worse before they get better. I'm definitely thankful that Marty has a good head on his shoulders and had the foresight to buckle down and prepare for the hard times!

The preschool is going well, I'm pluggin' away and getting ready for the summer session to begin. Enrollment will be lower this summer, but I think we're all looking forward to the smaller class sizes and personal attention we can give the kids. The camps look like they are going to be tons of fun and then we'll be set to start the fall school year off with a BANG!

I'm 14 weeks out from my women's figure competition. I'm hitting it hard. I struggle some with the nutrition (not eating enough) but the workouts are going really well. Marty has been a huge support and my friends and family are such wonderful cheerleaders! I hope everyone can make it Washington, DC Aug. 14th to cheer me on!

So that's the Loftus Update! I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment