Friday, June 18, 2010

Good Bye Kindergarten!


I feel like I just posted about her STARTING Kindergarten! When did she get so big? So school is officially over and the summer break has started. I enjoyed having Marissa at the preschool camps with me yesterday, although she looked so big next to all the preschoolers!

Next week the chaos of summer camps begin. She goes to dance camp, then science camp, then we'll go the beach to spend some time with the Fabulous Five aka The Foley Family, then we're back for Spanish camp then water camp then camp theater...it goes on and on for the next 12 weeks!

We selected 6 chapter books we will read over the summer. She's reading "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory" right now. She LOVES it. She said she loves it even more than the movies! :o) That's my girl! Its bittersweet to see her reading on her own. I'm so proud of her, but I miss the close cuddle time we shared over "Silly Sally" and "Goodnight Moon" Now, she's reading those books to her brother!

I'm always amazed by how incredible a person Marissa is and will continue to be! She has her father's heart, a spark of her own and good head on her shoulders! Good bye, Kindergarten; look out world, here comes Marisssa!

No comments:

Post a Comment