Thursday, March 17, 2011

I've reached a new point in my life.

Yesterday, while finishing up my run on the treadmill at my gym...I look over and see an "old friend", who had her child at my preschool a couple years ago, riding a stationary bike. She was going through a divorce at the time adn she kept promising me tuition but then one day just stopped bringing her child to school. She wouldn't return my calls, emails, defriended me from facebook...etc. I was devastated. We had been friends for years! It was after that I vowed to NEVER take any of my friends kids. No matter what!

Well, she ran up a bill of a little more than $3,000. Then dropped me like a hot potato. So I don't know if it was the adrenaline from the run or what...but I stepped off the treadmill and walked over to the bike. She did not look happy to see me. I said very calmly, "Elizabeth...how could you do that to me?" We went on and on. I was very calm. She went on about how she was in a bad place...yada yada yada. I just stood there cold. I told her it wasn't even about the money; She should have called me, talked to me, something. We were friends! We still roll in the same circles and I've never once said anything negative about her. I just can't do that.

I might have felt sorry for her, but we were standing in one of the most expensive gyms in Annapolis. Its a little hard to hear someone cry "broke" when you know what memberships cost and you "know" their lifestyle so well. Like I said, it wasn't even about the money; Its about people just having absolutely no respect or morals when it comes to friendship/business/humanity, etc. I just can't take it anymore.

UGH!

So I walked away, with her screaming ,"Alice Anne, Alice Anne! Get back here!" I kept walking, with my towel in hand just sort of waived her off. Screw her. I do feel so much better that I was finally able to say my peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment