Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recharing Your Batteries

I've always laughed at how people call me AA (like the battery). Its funny because that's often how I feel, like I just have to keep charged up long enough to get through everything I have to do in one day.

Today has been a sluggish and slow day; I haven't felt like myself. I feel "weighed down" and "drained". I knew that I needed a recharge, but wasn't quite sure how to lift my spirits and jump start my attitude. We all have those days, but that doesn't mean that I like being there!

My husband, Marty, IMed me at 11:00 AM and asked if I would be interested in having lunch with him today. Before I could even wait to hear what he suggested I answered, "Yes, I'll meet you there in 10 minutes!" HA HA HA!

We had lunch at our favorite little Thai place. I sipped green tea, ordered stir-fry veggies with ginger chicken he had Ka Pow chicken (with no vegetables!) and we just talked. We talked about the kids, discussed little business matters, complained of sore muscles from working out, poked fun at each other and just spent 60 minutes connecting.

I wasn't ready to part with him yet, so we went to Staples and the bank; taking our time and just enjoying each other. Simple pleasure # 221: having someone to buy pens and ink with on a sunny day! When we finally went back to our separate offices, I felt rejuvinated, refreshed...recharged!

I think that its important in life when you're feeling stressed, isolated, run down and tired, you reach out to those who are MOST important to you and soak up some of that positive energy. I know that it did a world of good for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment