Friday, January 28, 2011

First they're sweet...

Then they're sour.

Sour patch kids. Yeah, I've got myself one of those! Christian is hilarious. One moment he can be the sweetest, most lovable, huggable, kissable little cuddle bug and in the same breath turn around and be a complete stinker (aka "little shit").

Yesterday I was using our little snow plow to clear out our driveway. He was already in his pajamas, but he bundled up and came outside. He comes running up the hill and says, "Mommy, this is hard work! Let me help you!" and he grabs his little toy shovel and gets to work. I was so touched! My three year old didn't want me out there alone! He wanted to take care of me! He wanted to help. Teamwork! (Channeling the Wonder Pets)

So in my moment of awe, I stop to turn around and tell him thank you for being such a big boy and great helper. I turn just in time for him to smack me in the face with a snowball. He giggles. Then he proceeds to pick up more snow, shape it and chuck it at me. The whole while laughing his silly little butt off!

Yeah, first they're sweet, then they're sour. Love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment