Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Purging

Every new year, I find myself motivated to organize and rid my life of clutter and chaos. I went into a cleaning frenzy today in my office (shared office, really. I feel so sorry for my sister-in-law/director's assistant. LOL!) We only got about halfway through the cleaning. We organized the desk drawers, cleared the desktop and removed everything that didn't belong in our small 4ft by 10ft office. Yes, those measurements are correct, its a TINY TINY office!

Trash bags loaded with papers, odds and ends, broken office equipment and random things I believe I had some very important reason for holding onto throughout the year but have somehow now forgotten why, were carried away...never to be seen again. It wasn't pretty.

I soon realized I was working alone; buzzing wildly around; making verbal notes to myself and I looked up to see that I had small audience. "what?" I asked. One of the teachers replies, "you are crazy!" another responds, "oh, that's just how she gets when she cleans. You learn that AA gets really crazy and moves fast when she gets in these moods." We all laugh. Perhaps they are right. However, I don't hear any complaints when the room is clean and all is in perfect order :)

Tomorrow, maybe after we finish the office I'll come home and start on the family's closets. I'm feeling ambitious and ready to do some more purging. Unfortunately, that probably means I'll be ready to do some shopping in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment