Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lazy Summer leads to the Busy Fall!

I'm still here, its just that summer has KILLED my routine and I can barely remember what day of the week it is most of the time. This summer, I decided not to register the kids for tons of camps/activities. Marissa has gone to a few piano lessons, and I did register her for 2 camps, Theatre and Choir for a couple weeks in August. We spent a lot of time at our beach home and then visited my family in Kansas in July.

Its just been a very laid back summer and I'll admit that I've been totally slacking with working out, blogging, housekeeping, etc. I'm just enjoying the down time and spending quality time with the kids. I find myself sleeping in more, playing outside more, going to movies and relaxing more than I ever have in my life! Can't complain; except for the fact that I've put on a little weight. LOL! I'm not worried though, once I get back into the routine and on a workout schedule and back to the business we call life...I'm sure I'll drop the weight very quickly.

As we get closer to the school year, I'm trying to get back into a routine so that its not a shock to my system come September. I'm trying to get up and out to my workouts before the family wakes up. We're also getting our puppy Labor Day weekend, so I need to get organized in preparation for this wonderful addition to our family!

The kids' activities this fall are exciting. Marissa will be doing piano, chorus and hip hop dance, while Christian starts martial arts! We'll have a busy schedule ahead of us and I'm both nervous and optimistic that this coming season is going be full of wonderful new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment