Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sticking to It

So I haven't swayed from my plan. I'm right on target!  Everything is going well, I'm staying organized and I think I've developed a pretty good routine.  School starts for Marissa one week from today.  We get the puppy in 11 days and Christian's pre-k will start back up on Sept. 6th.  We are BUSY! :) 
Here are some changes I've made:

4:30AM wake up for morning workout- I'm home and ready to tackle the day by 6:15; no longer do I have to worry about getting that workout in between the crazy hours of "life".  We all know that busy moms have lots of priorities, and those don't necessarily have anything to do with "mom".   I'm really loving this time to myself and I like that it doesn't cut into my family or work time. 

Speed cleaning-  I have organized myself so that I can clean my house, top to bottom, in two hours flat.  This is a GOOD cleaning too...no skimping!  I put all my cleaning supplies into a large bucket, I start at the top floor, clean one room at a time, don't allow myself to run all over the house collecting things,  or get distracted, etc.  I just work literally from the top to the bottom-taking all the supplies with me as I go.  I don't stop to check email, I carry the phone clipped to my pants with an ear piece in so I can utilize both hands if I'm on the phone, and I just move move move until the job is done!  Nothing feels better than having the house completely clean by 10AM on a Saturday morning and having the entire rest of the weekend WORRY free! 

Kids and Chores-  I have strictly implemented and enforced a chore list for the kids.  Having them help, helps me A LOT!  They make their beds, bring their laundry to the laundry room, water plants, gather all the trash and put all their toys and belongings away.  Sounds simple...and its probably something they should have been doing all along.  The way I see it, they are helping out around the house and character building!

Prep before Bedtime-  I get everything ready for the next day the night before.  I lay out my gym clothes, pack the gym bag, have my water bottle filled and ready to go and breakfast front and center and ready to warm up and eat!  I have lunches packed, and my outfit for the day planned out.  I'm working on getting the kids' things ready the night before too.  I think that will help tremendously!

Go to bed EARLY-  I need to get my full 8 hours if I'm going to operate at this pace.  If my brain is tired, its not clear and if its not clear, none of these plans will happen. 

So I'm sticking to it and really happy with how things are going!  FORWARD MARCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment