Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Marissa!


Where have the last five years gone? My baby girl, Marissa, turned five today. We had a Purplicious Party yesterday and everything went well. The girls painted, danced, bounced on the moonbounce, ate pizza and decorated cupcakes! Perfect day for a purple party!


It feels like a lifetime ago when I brought her home from the hospital and I just sat there in our living room staring at her. She was the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen. Her skin was the most beautiful shade of olive and she had these tiny angel kisses on her eyelids. I loved to watch her breathe, sleep and dream.


It is bittersweet watching her grow. On one hand I am so excited to see her reach each milestone, on the other, I am saddened as she inches farther and farther away from me. Marissa has grown to be such a lovely young lady. She is smart, funny, frilly and sincere! She is just a darling and I know that she will grow to be strong and independent.


I could not be more proud of her and I am so thankful that God gave her to me.


Happy Birthday, Marissa!


No comments:

Post a Comment