Saturday, July 11, 2009

Open Doors

When one door closes, another one opens. That is something I think we often times forget. I have always tried to remind myself that there is a learning experience from every opportunity, both pleasant or challenging. Its not easy to always find the lesson, but I think that with each opened door we are presented with an opportunity where there is always a chance to grow, learn and/or change.

I've never been much of a risk taker, but as I have gotten older I have learned that sometimes you have to push yourself or take that extra step if you want to find great success. I don't mean to be reckless but I do mean that we each need to rely on faith and our abilities to carry us through any situation.

Also, just because something doesn't work out, doesn't mean that we missed out. There are times when things are just not meant to be and I believe that there is always something else waiting for us around the corner.

The lessons that I hope to instill in my children is to work hard, perservere, dream big and try not to take yourself too seriously. Life is short and fragile, make the most out of every day.

Here are some quotes that I would like to share:

Risk-Taking Quote from the Cadet Maxim:
"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. "~ Cadet Maxim

H. Jackson Brown, Jr. Taking Chances Quote:
"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Eleanor Roosevelt Daring Quote:
"Do one thing every day that scares you."~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry David Thoreau Going For It Quote:
"We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and then leap in the dark to our success. "~ Henry David Thoreau

Billy Wilder Quote on Trusting Your Own Instincts:
"Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's."~ Billy Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment