Sunday, July 12, 2009

Operation Detox *UPDATE*

Like most women, I feel that I'm constantly at battle with my weight. I'm not overweight by any stretch of the imagination and I consider myself in pretty good shape, however I've got that lingering 5-10 lbs that just will NOT budge!

Recently I learned about The GOOP Detox, its endorsed by Gwenyth Paltrow (who ALWAYS looks great) and a friend of mine just lost 11lbs in one week! Amazing! I guess the trick would be learning to KEEP it off and not allowing your body to go into shock when you go back to regular food.

For me, I feel that this would be a great way for me to quickly shed those pounds and then retrain myself how to properly nourish my body and not over indulge in the "not-so-good" foods that I have recently grown accustomed to.

I'm a believer that crash diets don't work and that we need to make the effort to have a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE rather than yo-yo our way through life and weight management. I'm curious to see how this GOOP Detox will work and if I will be happy with the results. I wouldn't try this if I wasn't already in decent shape, and I won't continue with it if I feel that I'm starving myself or that it is showing negative side effects to my body.

I'm hoping to start this tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll keep daily updates and we'll see how this goes!

Check out the detox plan at http://goop.com/newsletter/15/


UPDATE:

After talking with some friends and doing a little more research, I have decided that this probably isn't the right plan for me. While I am looking for a way to jumpstart my weight loss and help motivate me, I just don't think that this is a very healthy way to go about reaching my goals.

I have modified my diet, making sure that my daily calories come out to about 1000 calories/day and I've been working out doing 30 min cardio, 30 min weights and 10 minute abs. I'll keep posting my updates!

As of today, I'm 4lbs down from the beginning of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment