Friday, July 3, 2009

Siblings


I have been blessed with two beautiful children. It was early in my life when I realized how badly I wanted to have children. I think some women are just programmed to want to be mothers. I believe that my children are my greatest accomplishment in life.

We had Marissa our first year of marriage and after many conversations, pleas, fights and realizations, we had Christian 3 1/2 years later. I believe that our children have made us better people and have at many times made our marriage stronger. As parents, Marty and I have learned to rely on one another and support each other through the not-so-easy parenting moments..

My children are as different as two people can be; they have many moments when they do not see eye to eye. However, as I have watched them grow and connect with one another I realize that they have developed a deep love and friendship that only siblings can know.

Seeing my children together reminds me of my relationship with my own brother, Michael. We have an unspoken language of love and understanding. I couldn't have asked for a better brother and friend. I hope that my children continue to grow and nurture their friendship and will recognize that no matter what, they will ALWAYS have each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment