Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beauty and Brains

Last week I met with the head of my daughter's school to discuss her SESAT (its a standardized test her school uses) scores. Normally, I'm not a fan of standardized testing. I think that many schools teach for the test rather than teach children how to think for themselves. I can say with the utmost confidence that her school does NOT do this! I LOVED their stress-free approach, the format of the testing and how happy and excited each of the students were to jump in and participate! One more reason to love her school!

Her stanines were right at 7-9. Her hightest scores in Listening and Reading where she scored in the top 4%. Her math and environmental learning scores were in the top 12%. These scores are compared nationally and I was so impressed with how well she did. As her parents, we've always felt/known that she's a bright little chicky...but this really validated what we've walways believed.

I've never seen her father or her grandfather, Beebop, so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment