Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Society of Dummies

I don't know why this angered me as much as it did, but boy did it anger me! I went to the book store this week to find a book on how to braid hair. I am looking for some "how to" books to learn some new hairstyles and braiding techniques for my daughter. While perusing the book selection, I notice there are a lot of "________ for Dummies" Really?

Gardening for Dummies
Make-Up for Dummies
Relationships for Dummies
Parenting for Dummies
Choosing a Dummies Book for Dummies (I wouldn't be surprised if they really had that one!)

What is wrong with our society that people are actually buying these Dummies books? Do we not know how to research anymore? Do we just search for the Yellow and Black book that screams, "PICK ME! I can explain this in terms that any moron can understand!" I was offended. I felt like if I wanted to learn anything on every shelf there was a book glaring at me and calling me a Dummy. Could these books be any more offensive!?!?!?!

So there is my rant. Do your research people and stop looking for easy answers. Just because you want to learn something new, don't sell yourself short by calling yourself a Dummy. BLECH!

No comments:

Post a Comment