Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Wish

This Easter is going to be especially hard. Its our first Easter without Karen. Easter really was "Karen's Holiday". I've spent the last 9 Easters with Karen. Many might think that Thanksgiving would have been the really hard holiday without her, to be honest, all of them have been hard. But Easter really became her thing. We always celebrated Easter in Bethany Beach. We would go to her Golf Clubhouse for Brunch and an Easter egg hunt and it was just always such a special day.

Karen wasn't religious, so I don't know why she chose this holiday to make so special for us, but she did. I can't imagine spending Easter any other way. This year, we're going to the beach to be with my father-in-law. I know this will be hard on all of us, but we're going to muddle through. My brother and his wife are bring their baby girl to our beach house and we'll do our best to make it a wonderful day for the kids. I wonder if my daughter will understand that things are different. Of course she understands the loss of her grandmother, Beemom, but will she relate Easter to her?

My wish for this Easter is for God to grant us peace. Its been almost a full year since we lost Karen and I know that this coming weekend is going to really drive it home how much she is missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment