Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chef and Sous Chef

Something I've always loved about Marissa is her love for food. She's just like me, there are very few foods we've met that we didn't like. For her, she could live without raisins, but that's pretty much it.

Recently, she has become increasingly more interested in cooking with me. Personally, I think she loves the "science" of it, but I'm not complaining that she sees it from an educational aspect. I just love the quality time that we're able to spend together. To be completely honest, she's a great little helper too! She has a natural passion, a hunger to learn and appetite that's hard to match!

I think it's pretty crazy that a 6 year old loves so many different kinds of foods, the more exotic the better too! She's no "chicken nuggets with ketchup" kid. Her favorites include, sushi, mushrooms, squid and peppers. WILD! I have no doubt in my mind that by the time Marissa reaches her teens she will have an extensive collection of tried and true recipes that are specifically designed for her adventurous palette.

God sure knew what he was doing when he gave me Marissa. Eating and cooking are just a couple more things we love to share and I think it will be a bond that will forever keep us connected!

No comments:

Post a Comment