Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

We had our Annual Mother's Day trip to Hershey Park, PA today. It was a gorgeous day and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I was surprised that the park wasn't more crowded, but not at all ungrateful for the short lines and more relaxed atmosphere of the park.

I absolutely love that this trip has become a tradition for us. I've been a mom now for almost 7 years and we've gone every single year since I've become a mother. My kids now expect it and very much look forward to our trip. I can't think of a better way to spend my special day that to be with my husband and children in the "sweetest place on earth". :)

This was a big trip for us. Marissa hit many milestones. She has graduated from face painting to hair wrapping. This was our longest line wait; almost 1 hour later, she had a 14 inch blue, purple and white hair wrap complete with beads and a dolphin charm.



Her next big milestone was that she won prizes at one of the game booths. She had to roll a bowling ball over a hump and have it stay in the second dip. Does that makes sense? Well, she did it TWICE winning a plush bowling ball first and then a 3 ft. plush bowling pin. This made her day!

The final milestone, wasn't so joyous. She rode her first rollercoaster. She was so brave; I'll admit I was even a little nervous. Once the coaster took off she lost it. She was terrified! Nevermind the fact that the coaster did an upside down loop, she was scared through the whole thing and cried. Perhaps she wasn't ready for this one. We were proud of her and she was happy she got her first one done and over with and I imagine it will be a loooong while before we get her on another one.



Christian had a blast today too. He measured up to Hershey Kiss (which is his FAVORITE candy!) He rode a lot of rides with his daddy while I was with Marissa getting her hair wrapped. When the two of them finally rode some rides together, they had the best time!



He also played some booth games with his daddy and he won a teddy bear (I had won one earlier for him too so he came home with two). I think his favorite ride was the train. He always looks forward to that one, but I think I've got a daredevil on my hands because what he was really wanting to ride were things that he was too short for this year. We'll see what happens in the next couple trips!


We finished up our trip with the usual ride throught the chocolate factory. My kids love the singing cows and for the entire two hour drive home they would bust on in chorus, "Hershey's Milk Chocolate!" I'm thankful none of us truly had "sweet tooth" at the end of the day and we managed to get out of the factory without purchasing any candy. The kids did however get a pillow each. Marissa's is shaped like a Hershey bar and Christian of course got a Hershey Kiss.


So that was our 2011 Mother's Day trip. It pretty much was the perfect day...

No comments:

Post a Comment