Monday, May 16, 2011

Piano is here!

The Petite Grand Piano that we bought for my daughter was delivered this morning. I sat in nervous anticipation as the movers unloaded and reassembled this massive instrument into my living room.

I must have asked the movers no less than 6 times if they thought it was going to fit and/or look right in my home. They were probably so sick of my nervous energy. Once it was assembled, I literally felt sick to my stomach. Was this piano too big for our living room???? Would my husband say that it overwhelmed the room???? I was a mess!

After about an hour of rearranging the furniture, it all landed right back where it started and I decided that is what looked best. We shall see how this feels over the next few days. My daughter is going to be ecstatic when she arrives home from school today and sees this! I can't wait!
Updated:


Marissa apparently told her teachers that she was excited about getting a piano. The first thing she asked when I picked her up from school today was, "did you get the piano!?!?!" I just said, "let's go home and see..."


When we pulled into the driveway, she could see the piano in the window and she got so excited. As soon as we were parked in the garage, she jumped out and ran into the house. She pulled out the bench and began to play. She was ecstatic!


I haven't been able to get to her to stop playing, not that I mind. I'm thrilled that she is so happy and I'm delighted that our home is filled with music!

No comments:

Post a Comment