Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Clearing Off My Plate

I am counting down the days as I say good-bye to many commitments that I have had. I'm finishing up my degree in Early Childhood Administration this week. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about this; I've spent far too many evenings sitting infront of a computer taking online courses! Finally, I won't have to worry about deadlines, assignments and online quizzes! Hooray! Forget the accomplishment of completing a degree, I'm just ecstatic that I will no longer have to think about homework, papers and projects (at least not for a while, I'm sure in time I will choose to go back to school, but not for a long while).

Another job that I'm so happy to see end is my commitment as our Home Owners Association President. I am still astonished that I even stepped up to this commitment, being that I have never really participated in our HOA, nor do I have the least bit interest in managing neighborhood policies or getting involved in the petty quarrels that happen amongst neighbors. However, I felt sorry that no one would volunteer last year, so foolishly I thought that I could devote a small portion of my time to this task...BIG MISTAKE! I think that it was a much larger commitment than I had anticipated. Even with a property manager, and I use that term loosely, I found myself overwhelmed by the questions and issues of the community. So for tomorrow, I will happily pass over my responsibilities to the brave and optimistic new President. I will then go to sleep knowing that there is ONE less thing that I need to worry about :o)

So what will I do with all this new "free time". I suppose that's why I looked into creating a blog. I'm just not happy unless my brain is functioning at full capacity! Maybe I'll take some cooking classes or pick up a new hobby! I'm definitely looking into some "self-improvement" activities. Let's not forget that I naively agreed to co-chair the cookbook committee for the Junior League. I wonder what sort of adventures this endeavor will bring...

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you're letting a couple of things go! You deserve the rest and relaxation! Yay you! I am planning on taking dance classes this summer. So excited! I haven't taken dance since I moved here almost 6 years ago. I miss it sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about taking latin dance lessons! I would love to learn something exotic like that! What kind of classes do you think you'll take?

    ReplyDelete