Monday, June 22, 2009

Tough Decisions

I have found that any time I am experiencing great personal growth, it usually involves having to make a tough decision. Either with work, marriage, child rearing, friendships, money, life is all about choices and most of the time they aren't easy. I guess if everything were easy, I would not really grow.

So many times you hear those tired quotes and cliches about growth and accomplishment; "mistakes are not failure, but a chance to learn and grow"... What does that mean? Are there really any wrong answers? Are we all just floating around in chaos and occasionally bumping into opportunity and good fortune? Is all this planning and thinking honestly getting me anywhere? Who truly wins in the end?

I feel that I often struggle with what my heart wants and my head knows. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds myself in that predicament. I'm always battling with internal conflict. I'm either always winning or always losing. Its tiring.

So for today, I'm faced with the questions: Should we plan that trip? Did I do the right thing by having Marissa at horse camp? Do I need to let someone go? Do I really need a housekeeper? Should we hold off on the home renovations? Should I invest in this business opportunity? The list goes on and on! I'm filled with doubt, guilt, hope, anxiety and excitement. I guess sometimes you just have to make a choice and hope for the best. I take comfort in knowing that I'm not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment