Thursday, June 18, 2009

Junior League of Annapolis, Inc Cookbooks!











I love these cookbooks! Not only do these books help fund the Junior League of Annapolis, Inc and all the projects that we do in the community, they are simply just fabulous cookbooks!

Last night we had our committee meeting at my home (I'm co-chairing the cookbook committee the ever-so-wonderful Colleen Wood) Well, we only serve food from the cookbook at our meetings. I have to RAVE about these amazing recipes!

From Of Tide and Thyme:

Pg. 37 Pineapple Cheese Ball
SUPER EASY! I hollowed out a whole pineapple and filled it with the cheese mixture. It was beautiful!

Pg. 336 Fresh Strawberry Pie

Another very easy dish! I forgot to serve it at the meeting, but my daughter brought it to summer camp the next day to give to her teachers; they LOVED it! The pie was so easy to make, but looked like I had worked all day on it. It was so beautiful!

a Thyme to Entertain:

Pg. 77 Jalepeno Cheese Squares

This cooked beautifully. The dish is colorful and light. It has a rich flavor without the heavy feel and can be served either hot or cold. Its great for breakfast too!

Pg. 77 Sweet Vegetable Dip

I think this was my favorite dish of the evening. This is a gorgeous dip that speaks for itself. Its tangy but sweet and brings a pop of color to the table! I suggest serving this in a nice bowl as a centerpiece. Its a real crowd pleaser!

Pg. 79 Cilantro Chicken Sandwiches

Another great hit! The cilantro dressing was just right! I made a few adjustments, added swiss cheese and seasoned the grilled chicken to bring out a little fire! The sandwiches were hearty and full of color. It looked delicious and when you bit into it, you definitely weren't disappointed!

Click on the Title above to go to the JLA website to order your book! These are a MUST have for every chef, and even if you don't cook they are beautiful books that will give you insight to the life and culture of Annapolis!

No comments:

Post a Comment