Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Power of New Shoes


I love shoes. I probably love shoes more than any normal woman should. Shoes have a wonderful way of brightening any day. No matter how my weight may fluctuate (or as of late, stubbornly stay at an extremely uncomfortable status) my shoe size is forever consistent and faithful!


Yesterday I found myself at Nordstroms shopping for my children. Marissa needed new flipflops (with straps) for the summer and then of course they had a wonderful sale on boys shorts and polos! I made it halfway out the store when that glorious women's shoe sale rack summoned me! How I love to see dozens upon dozens of shoes marked down to reasonable, some not so reasonable, prices!


Three pair later(sandals, stillettos, and ballet flats) I find myself exiting the building with a big smile and a sense of triumph! Hey, I got a deal! At least that's what I told my husband when he asked me in an annoyed tone if I really needed MORE shoes.


Today, as I sit in my office, admiring these darling platinum strappy sandals, I feel like a million bucks! That in itself, makes these shoes worth every penny!


2 comments:

  1. Why does this not surprise me? :) This blog should more appropriately be called "Chronicles of a Shoe-shopaholic" ;) The by-line could read "A differnt shoe for every multi-faceted part of my life."

    I feel less than female really, b/c I have seemingly not be struck by this same shoe fanaticism that the majority of females have....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, if I could buy all the shoes I wanted.....I wouldn't have room enough to store them. A woman is always in need of a new pair of shoes! Men just don't get it. Well, Ibis does! He's a shoe fiend....I know....not common.

    ReplyDelete